Respected throughout the Triangle area, veteran custom home builder Dan Tingen founded Tingen Construction Company in 1980. He has long been known for his hands-on experience, reliable service, and dedication to his craft and to the home building industry. These attributes have combined to result in an outstanding reputation for building exceptional custom homes. Dan has built an abundance of homes in Wake, Orange, and Chatham Counties over the years, and has recently added Franklin and Lee Counties to his repertoire. His homes range in price from the $250s to $1.3 million.
Dan is a Wake County native and a graduate Campbell University, where he obtained a Business Administration degree. According to Dan, he realized early in his career that his success is directly related to how well he communicates and works towards the needs and desires of his customers. With this belief in mind, Dan assembled an excellent team committed to building customers the homes they expect and deserve.
“I learned years ago that satisfied customers sell more homes than any type of advertising,” says Dan. “A satisfied customer not only recommends me to their friends, but they may also come back to me to build their next home. This is the best compliment I can receive, and I’m honored to have received this opportunity quite a few times over the years.”
Dan welcomes you to find out for yourself the meaning of his tagline: A Reputation for Building Great Homes.
Listed below are a few of Dan’s credentials:
- Licensed General Contractor since 1980
- Member, Trinity Baptist Church since 1989
- Board of Directors, HBA of Raleigh – Wake County, 1994 – 2009
- Builder of the Year, HBA of Raleigh – Wake County, 1994
- Board of Directors, NC Home Builders Association (NCHBA), 1995 – 2006
- Board of Directors, National Association of Home Builders, 1997 – 2007
- Trustee, NC Builder Institute, 1999 – 2014
- Member, NC Building Code Council, since 1999
- Chair, NC Building Code Council, since 2003
- Founding Member, Triangle Builders Guild since 2005
- Building Company of the Year, Major Achievements in Marketing Excellence (MAME) of the HBA of Raleigh – Wake County and HBA of Durham, Orange, and Chatham Counties, 2005
- President, HBA of Raleigh – Wake County, 2006
- Inductee, HBA of Raleigh – Wake County Housing Hall of Fame, 2010
- Inductee, NCHBA Housing Hall of Fame, 2011
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, numerous times
- Award Winner, HBA of Raleigh – Wake County Parade of Homes, numerous times